Write a 3 -page paper that discusses your response to the following topics
• Analyze the main concepts of Bruner’s spiral curriculum. Provide examples in your discussion.
• Analyze Tyler’s contributions to curriculum, the educator’s four main principles, and explain each principle with an example.
• What is the relationship between Bruner’s and Tyler’s work? Compare and contrast their approaches to curriculum.
The paper should:
• Be 3- pages long.
• Indicate that you have a good understanding of the required background reading.
• Have an appropriate introduction and conclusion.
• Have a clear and coherent structure.
• Indicate that you have the ability to apply your understanding of the required background reading to answer the above questions.
• Use APA formatting (Strong Introduction, subheaders and conclusion).
MAED Case Grading Rubric
Assignment-Driven Criteria (23 points): Demonstrates mastery covering all key elements of the assignment in a substantive way.
Critical Thinking (9 points): Demonstrates mastery conceptualizing the problem. Viewpoints and assumptions of experts are analyzed, synthesized, and evaluated. Conclusions are logically presented with appropriate rationale.
Scholarly Writing (4 points): Demonstrates mastery and proficiency in scholarly written communication to an appropriately specialized audience.
Quality of References and Assignment Organization (6 points): Demonstrates mastery using relevant and quality sources and uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to support ideas, convey understanding of the topic and shape the whole work.
Citing Sources (3 points): Demonstrates mastery using in-text citations of sources and properly format full source information in the reference list (bibliography).
Timeliness (5 points): Assignment submitted on time or collaborated with professor for an approved extension before the module due date.
Denton, J., Kleist, V. F., Surendra, N. (2005) Curriculum and course design: A new approach using quality function deployment. Journal of Education for Business, 81(2), 111-117.
Harden, R. N., & Stamper, M. What is a spiral curriculum? Medical Teacher, 21(2),141-143.
Hlebowitsh, P. (n.d.). Ralph W. Tyler (1902-1994) Contribution to testing and curriculum development, advisory role. Retrieved from http://education.stateuniversity.com/pages/2517/Tyler-Ralph-W-1902-1994.html
Pemberton, J. B., Rademacher, J. A., Tyler-Wood, T., Cerijo, M. V. P. (2006) Aligning assessments with state curriculum standards and teaching strategies. Intervention in School and Clinic, 41(5), 283-289.
Tyler, R. (1976). Two new emphases in curriculum development. Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/ASCD/pdf/journals/ed_lead/el_197610_tyler.pdf
Tyler, R. W. (2013). Basic principles of curriculum and instruction. University of Chicago Press. Retrieved from http://blogs.ubc.ca/ewayne/files/2009/02/tyler_001.pdf
Tomlinson, C. A. (2005). Quality curriculum and instruction for highly able students. Theory into Practice, 44(2).