Which African American scholar called for a “talented tenth” of all African Americans to attend a university, aspire to the highest professions, and abandon a conservative approach to race relations?
2. In 1919 there was a devastating race riot in a major American city. Which city did this take place?
3. Which of the following was not a representation or an example of New Women expressing freedom and independence?
4. Who was the “modern Prometheus”?
5. Wilson sought several areas of reform during his presidency. Which was not one of them?
6. At the start of the 20th century, which group that Theodore Roosevelt eventually counted himself as a member of firmly believed that they could change society for the better, and even come close to a state of perfection?
7. Which of the following groups battled against racial segregation and discrimination?
8. The most famous of free speech case was Abrams v. United States. Which of the following Supreme Court Justices was not involved in this decision?
9. Americans had always felt the desire to grow, move, and acquire territory as expressed through the ideal of Manifest Destiny. The nation explored new areas of expansion in the 1890s for several reasons. Which of the following was not one of them?
10. In the early 20th century, taboos about sex changed, and a birth-control movement enabled women to explore sexuality without having to worry about pregnancy. Which woman was most closely associated with this movement?
Table of contents
A Free title page
A bibliography page
Free Unlimited revisions
Free in text citations
College : $10 per page
University : $13 per page
Masters : $15 per page
PhD : $ 20 per page